Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas music - the old reliables

At home we've been listening to a lot of Christmas time music of late, as I expect many, many others are: carols from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Christmas with the Rat Pack, Handel's Messiah, and a hundreds of others. They are very enjoyable to listen to; one of my absolute favorite carols is "Carol of the Bells". I"m not talking about a pop version of the tune, nay, nay nay! I mean handbell ringing and a choir! It is almost a haunting sound and I get goosebumps whenever I listen to it. If one's music can provide a physiological response, like goosebumps, it is a winner! I never grow tired of "Carol of the Bells"...even in the summertime!

I cannot leave without also mentioning, however, another ole favorite: How the Grinch Stole Christmas - "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch".

Happy Christmas listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment