Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting started

At Hounds to the Music, LLC we are working to change how independent music is discovered. We're currently working out the glitches of our prototypes in anticipation of a Beta launch sometime in summer 2009 (fastly approaching!). A few of us thought it would be great to begin blogging about the things we think about as we are building up to our launch. Not surprisingly, we think a lot about music! So we're going to write about music.

I'll start by writing about a song I've dug since I first heard it. If you like contemporary jazz (not the cheezeball jazz, but cool poppy-jazz with good progressions, tight instrumentation and musicianship, ebbs and flows) you should give this tune a try. The song is called "Fire Dance" by Armen Chakmakian. He's quite a pianist and this is song is energetic. The sound has influences from contemporary jazz, pop, world (Arabic and Armenian), fun rhythms and a lot of piano flare. Honestly, I never grow tired of that tune. If you prefer a little more mellow piano contemporary jazz feel, there is also "Rain, rain go away" that can be found at the same site. Another good tune, although there is an instrumental portion in the song that I could take or leave depending on my mood. I'm not a fan of all the stuff he's posted at this hosting site, but there are other jems there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment