Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Music-Snake Oil Medicine Show

I got onto Reverbnation to find something new. I wanted to listen to a blue grass-y sort of thing, but not the traditional thing. I thought for a moment about how I would find this and resorted to looking for The Biscuit Burners, which I had discovered this summer and enjoy greatly. However, they had three recommendations, one of which looked a little different, they are called Snake Oil Medicine Show and, like the Biscuit Burners are out of Asheville, NC. SOMS have a few tunes on their Reverbnation site and I must say they are a lot of fun. They have tempo changes, vocal harmonies, funny song names that still describe the song, lots of instrumental space, banjos, violins, whistles, and a female vocalist's voice that is high pitched and has almost a comical, Old Time quality to it, but it works so well. They sound pretty accomplished and just super enjoyable to listen to. They describe themselves as "World/Reggae/Slam Grass/Psycho Billy".
I'm a new fan of SNAKE OIL MEDICINE SHOW! Check them out!

1 comment:

  1. yes! im glad that you like the sounds of SOMS, the world joyage,
    the original bluegrastafari selectors, the art party! Thank you for posting such a nice blog!
    We love the biscuit burners as well!!
    ~space travels!
    love:geo23

    ReplyDelete