Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Muffin music discovery

I had recently heard about the new music discovery/recommendation site, Muffin. I finally gave it a shot.
Verdict: unimpressed.
I wasn't really playing fair though, to be entirely honest. I entered in the advanced search that I liked Jethro Tull and the track I wanted Muffin to recommend from was Kelpie. Actually, come to the think of it, considering how diverse Tull's songs can be, I may have been helping Muffin by suggesting a specific style of Tull.

My result:
1) Kelpie (hardly "new")
2) A blues band I've never heard of
3) Johnny Cash

Then when I tried to go to the next page, all went blank and all that was revealed was Kelpie. If you've heard this tune, you'll realize how off this actually is. Really, Johnny Cash?

No comments:

Post a Comment